The goal of the Homeless to Hope Fund is to provide financial support and direction to community organizations supporting residents of Charleston’s homeless population in their transition to permanent housing, including transitional housing that can lead to permanent housing.
The Homeless to Hope Fund is able to provide limited financial reimbursement to community groups and service providers engaged in re-housing Charleston’s homeless residents, according to the following criteria:
- Those seeking reimbursement must be current residents of Charleston.
- Reimbursements are based on assistance provided to Individuals who are moving into either permanent housing or transitional housing that leads to permanent housing.
- Organizations seeking financial reimbursement from the Fund must submit in advance a Plan of Action that addresses the individual’s immediate as well as long-term needs in ways that reduce the likelihood that he or she will return to homelessness.
The Plan should include:
- Immediate housing placement, preferably into a permanent living situation, and the anticipated dates for such placement,
- Some form of certification or assurance that the individual will not be required to leave the permanent dwelling for reasons other than would be customary in a typical rental agreement,
- Some form of certification or assurance that the dwelling will meet basic habitability standards and include furniture, appliances and other supplies necessary for a typical household,
- A description of how the provider organization will follow-up with the individual receiving assistance to ensure that his or her basic needs are met, including access to other supportive services, and
- A budget and identification of other potential financial resources that may be available.
- Documented expenses already incurred in assisting homeless individuals in Charleston can be considered upon submission of a description of the assistance rendered and plans for supporting assisted individuals going forward.
- Examples of allowable expenses are:
- Brief hotel stays while permanent housing is secured (3 days max)
- Rental deposit
- Utility deposit
- First month’s rent
- Assistance in obtaining identification necessary to securing a lease
Requests for reimbursement should be submitted online at email@example.com
Tax deductible financial donations are very important to this effort and will accelerate the re-housing of Charleston’s homeless population. Online donations can be made by clicking the Donate button on this page or checks can be mailed to H2H-Palmetto Project, Post Office Box 21287, Charleston SC 29413.
Thank you in advance for your concern and support for those among us without a home.